Between June and December, selected writers will work with a student on the Script Development course to develop a screenplay from treatment to its second major draft.
As this work forms the final stage of the students’ courses, and so is a major contribution to their final grade, the NFTS needs screenwriters who can fully commit to the programme.
The highlights of the requirements for screenwriters are:
- The writer must have written at least one full draft of a feature film (not a TV show, radio or stage play etc), prior to application. This must be included in their application.
- Be able to present a full draft or a 10-page (minimum) treatment of an original feature, which will worked on.
- The script can be in any genre at any stage of development, by new or experienced writers.
- The script cannot be under option, being developed by a producer, an adaptation or written with co-writers.
- Must be able to commit to the deadlines set by the course organisers.
For full details of what the course involves and the application requirements, follow this link to the call out.
Applications must be received by 27 May.